Men, take note: Grooming hacks every guy should know.
From skincare secrets to personal hygiene, Dr. Blossom Kochhar, Founder, and Chairperson of the popular skincare range – Aroma Magic tells you how to up your grooming game.
It goes without saying that a well-groomed man is appealing and attractive. Grooming not only enhances your looks but makes you feel healthy and hygienic – an overall advantage to your body. It is not limited to just getting a haircut or shaving your face, but how you prep from head to toe. Take a look at these tips and tricks.
For your skin:
- Scrub your face once a week and use a face wash twice a day.
- Do not take frequent hot showers, as it can lead to dryness, irritation, and inflammation.
- Moisturize your skin well and always apply sunscreen before going out.
For your hair:
- Visit your barber once in four weeks. Do not wait for your hair to grow haphazardly.
- Always seek professional advice on products that you apply on your hair. If you have thick hair, use wax, and for thin hair, use a spray-based product.
- Use only a coin-sized amount of shampoo, massage it well, and rinse with lukewarm water.
For your face:
- Get your beard trimmed once in a week to keep it manageable and tidy.
- Use beard oil for facial hair.
- Soak the blades in hot water before shaving your face. This will help to open the pores.
- Brush twice a day, in the morning and at night.
- Include a floss and tongue cleaner in your dental kit.
- Change your toothbrush every three to four months.
- Do not use covers for your toothbrush as they can breed bacteria.
- Do not share your toothbrush or tongue cleaner with anyone as it can spread germs and mouth infections.
- Bathe regularly with a soap or body wash and scrub away the dead skin.
- To avoid sweat stains, wear comfortable clothes and natural fibers.
- Keep the underarms clean and shaved to avoid too much sweating and odor.
- Find your statement fragrance and use the cologne regularly to keep yourself feeling fresh.
- Wear fresh, dry and washed clothes after the shower and apply an antiperspirant.
Socks, shoes, and clothes:
- Wear fresh, ironed clothes that fit well.
- Socks should be washed and dried. Do not repeat them as it can cause bad odor and foot infection.
- Polish your shoes regularly. Wipe off the dust and then brush the shoes. Keep the laces of your shoes intact.
- Shave the pubic area carefully. Use separate tools to trim and shave the genitals and sanitize the tools properly.
- Trim the hair first, apply shaving cream and then shave closely with caution.
- Use cologne regularly to avoid body odor – woody and spicy fragrances for winters and citrusy fragrances for summers.
Hand and foot hygiene:
- Trim your nails once in a week after the shower.
- Rub dry and cracked heels with a pumice stone to get rid of dead skin.
- Use foot powder to cure itching and sweating.
- Wipe the inside of your shoes with tissue paper and tea tree oil to kill odor-causing bacteria.
- Use toilet seat sanitizers.
- Always wash and air-dry your hands after using the toilet.
- Disinfect the toilet with a handy toilet disinfectant before using it.